The NCITE Advantage
Extensive research has been done to compare electronic citation systems to the conventional pen and paper method. This research has clearly shown that electronic citation technology increases justice system efficiency, decreases ticketing errors and, ultimately, increases agency revenues. While there are several electronic citation systems available, NCITE utilizes the latest in web-based mobile citation technology to provide a superior ticketing solution. Your department can expect the following benefits when using NCITE:
Less time spent physically writing tickets.
- With the swipe of a license, manual entry of a driver's license number, or scan of a vehicle registration, the NCITE Mobile Data Terminal will pre-populate data when writing a citation.
- Our software also provides a list of chargeable offenses for you to choose from, which further speeds up issuing the citation.
Less time spent recording and filing paper tickets, as well as transporting tickets to the courthouse.
- Citations are automatically transferred to the web-based department database, which prevents redundant data entry.
- Tickets can be transmitted to the courthouse automatically, in a matter of hours, or days (as specified by your agency).
Decreased ticketing errors.
- Eliminate errors from redundant entries.
- Eliminate errors from illegible handwriting.
- Eliminate errors by providing appropriate charging language.
Increased justice system efficiency.
- Eliminate redundant data entry, allowing for reallocation of personnel to more critical functions.
- Eliminate ticket filing systems, which increases storage space.
- Transmit ticket data to courthouses in a matter of hours to days, leading to quicker disposition of tickets.
Improved allocation of law enforcement resources.
- The web-based ticket management system collects useful demographic data, enabling agency administrators to make necessary personnel and road-level changes. For example, patrol officers can be allocated to areas with higher rates of law violators. Additionally, traffic signals or speed bumps can be installed in areas with a high level of accidents and moving violations to increase public safety.
Increased officer safety.
- The Mobile Data Terminal pulls violator information from the NCIC database, enabling you to identify dangerous individuals and persons with outstanding violations.
- Decreased ticketing time reduces officer exposure to roadside traffic.
Minimal implementation time and affordable pricing.
- The NCITE system includes an agency-specified number of mobile units and access to our web-based ticket management system. There is no need to purchase expensive servers or worry about complicated software installations. Once an agency signs up, our dedicated staff can make your personnel experts on using the system in a matter of hours.
- NCITE provides transparent pricing with low recurring costs to fit any agency's budget.